Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Memory Poem #4



Eyes clasp 
quickly divert
from flustered giddiness.
But you see it:
my knowing smirk.
Your head fills with red;
embarrassment and annoyance.
Uncertainty mixed
with a definitive belief
in swift retaliation.
Your eyes fall
on the pert shift
of my weight
from side-to-side
and the gentle
sway of my ass.
Your plan is concocted
as quickly as enacted.
Stepping forward
with determined strides,
you pull back your arm
for the wind-up-smack
prepared for my
unsuspecting ass.
You throw your arm forward
with malicious force,
only to be jarred
by the devastating thwack
of the back-brace
cleverly disguised
under my loose-fit clothing.
I spin in surprise,
observing a triumphant smirk
of successful revenge
as you turn
and triumphantly waltz away.
Trying to hide
your throbbing hand
under an armpit
and biting back
a whimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment