Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I put my foot down on


I put my foot down
on this shaky teeter-totter
called friendship;
brotherhood;
Love.
I teeter
you totter
we move to balance
you refuse.
You step off,
anger, anguish, fear
all justifications.
This is my fault.
I put us on the teeter-totter.
I removed the stabilizer.
I unhinged our calm. Our resolution.
I plunged us into uncertainty
and painful effort
to remain constant and steady
and not lose sight of what is most important:
Us.
But now you refuse. I ask too much.
I demand consideration of my burden.
How could I have been so foolish;
to think
that you might consider.
For, as you cleverly retort,
I know The Way, your way.
The burden of proof is on me.
And you walk away,
your teeter in the air,
my totter sinking into the suffocating mud.
I refuse to apologize.
I guess we’ll both sink
in our own shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment